We operate on a paperless environment for our TravelJoy policy. You may purchase online through “online.sompo.com.hk”. Once confirmed, you will receive a SMS for confirmation and the policy will be delivered to you through your provided email account.
The applicant and the insured person must be a Hong Kong citizen or resident holding a valid HKID card. It is regret that we cannot entertain non-HKID cardholder at the moment.
The applicant must be aged from 18 to 85 years old and all other travelers must also be aged between 6 weeks to 85 years old. Nevertheless, please note that coverage of medical expenses and personal accident benefits will be reduced by 50% for any insured person who is aged 17 or below upon commencement of the insured journey.
We only cover travelers aged 17 or below when they are travelling together with other travelers aged 18 or above who are also insured under the same policy.
Annual travel policy arrangement is not available at the moment. Please stay tuned by visiting TravelJoy website where you will find the latest product news.
You can request by sending email to email@example.com or by phone (852) 6655 5111 to our Customer Service Team [from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, every Monday to Friday (except Public Holiday)] before the expiry of the policy. Please provide the following information for the extension of coverage period of insurance:
- Policy number / HKID of Policyholder
- Contact number
- Return flight e-ticket or travel itinerary
However, if your return flight is delayed due to adverse weather or any reason outside your control, the coverage period of insurance of your policy shall be automatically extended without charge by a maximum period of 10 days.
TravelJoy covers a range of popular amateur activities including riskier ones like winter sports, hiking, rock climbing, scuba diving, water-skiing, rafting, sailing, bungee jumping and horse riding. Nevertheless, motor racing, professional sports, engagements in sports, games or races which may result in an earned income or remuneration and any trekking at an attitude greater than 5,000 metres above sea level or diving to a depth of greater than 30 metres below sea level are not covered.
Once the policy is issued, it is non-cancellable nor is the paid premium refundable.
In case you need to cancel your original itinerary for reason outside your control, we may consider postponing the policy cover to another trip subject to the followings:
- The new journey must be commenced within 6 months of the commencement date of the original journey;
- The name of policyholder cannot be changed and the policyholder must still be one of the travelers in the new journey (i.e. the policyholder cannot assign the policy to another one);
- Additional premium maybe required if premium for the new journey exceeds the original premium.
We reserve the right for the final decision and may ask you to provide relevant documentary evidence to support the decision.
Yes. Travel delay due to adverse weather is covered if your flight is delayed for 6 consecutive hours or more, you may make a claim either on
- Cash Allowance: HK$300 for an initial and each subsequent delay in excess of 6 consecutive hours up to the maximum limit; OR
- Additional Transport Cost for Re-routing: Reasonably and inevitably incurred for alternative means of transport up to the maximum limit at the same type of public conveyance provider and same travelling class originally selected in the itinerary as a direct consequence of travel delay by at least 6 consecutive hours from the scheduled time of departure (if the scheduled airline carrier is a low-cost airline, the new one is also limited to low-cost airline).
If your policy is purchased after Japan Meteorological Agency’s announcement today, the “typhoon is approaching” has been defined as exists or is known to exist. Therefore, any loss arising directly or indirectly from the typhoon will not be covered.
You should contact our 24 hours emergency service immediately
1. Go Worldwide: (852) 2862 0136 [provided by IPA]
2. Go JAPAN: (81) (03) 6311 5858 [provided by EAJ].
Please provide your policy number so that experienced assistance coordinators will be able to offer you with immediate assistance.
Prior to the trip, you will be covered against the issuance of the Travel Alert:
- upon any Travel Alert which is raised or upgraded after the date of application, you may change the period of insurance (the commencement date of the new journey should be within 6 months of the original journey);
- upon Black Travel Alert, you may be reimbursed for irrecoverable tour or travel or accommodation deposit or payment paid in advance upon cancellation of trip subject to the limit under Section I – Cancellation Charges Benefit of the policy;
During the trip, you will be covered against the issuance of the Travel Alert:
- upon any Travel Alert which is raised or upgraded after the commencement date of journey, you may have your insurance coverage automatically extended for a maximum period of 10 days for free if your journey is unavoidably delayed in the course of the scheduled itinerary;
- upon Black Travel Alert, you may be reimbursed on a proportional basis for the return of irrecoverable prepaid and unused portion of the transport or accommodation expenses and reasonable additional travel expenses which is necessary for returning to Hong Kong by public conveyance on economy class upon curtailment of trip subject to your entitled limit under Section J – Curtailment of Trip Benefit of the policy;
You can download our TravelJoy claim form by clicking the "DOWNLOAD" button on the top of our homepage. In the claim form, it states the list of documents required for and the important points to which you need to pay attention when lodging the claim. Please submit a completed claim form together with all original supporting documents and receipts to us within 30 days from return date of the journey.
You are eligible to claim follow-up medical expenses within 90 days after returning to Hong Kong provided that you have received medical treatment for the same sickness or injury during your journey. In case of emergency, if you are unable to consult a doctor on the way back to Hong Kong, such as having a sickness or an injury at the airport or on the plane, you should provide relevant evidence (e.g. proofs from the airline, tour escort, etc.) for special consideration.
Once you apply TravelJoy insurance, you are covered for cancellation charges benefit if you suffer from a serious sickness or bodily injury requiring emergency treatment or surgical operation by your doctor and are confined in a hospital for not less than 48 consecutive hours (excluding “pre-existing condition”), with your doctor’s certificate stating that you are no longer fit to travel, within 30 days before the start date of your trip.
TravelJoy will cover you for any paid and irrecoverable expenses, including flight award redemption ticket and service fee for cancellation of flight award redemption ticket or change the travel dates of the flight award redemption ticket, if you have to cancel your trip due to perform jury service during the period of insurance provided that you receive the notice within 30 days before the start date of your trip. Do remember to obtain the relevant documents issued by the aviation alliance for redeeming the award ticket, such as your miles monthly statement, for future claim purposes.
The above FAQs are for information only and do not constitute any part of the insurance policy. The final interpretation of any specific provision or its applicability is subject to the terms and conditions and exclusions of the policy.